TRAVEL NEWS: Air Asia joins Philippine Airline Industry

1:31 PM

It's official.

Kuala Lumpur-based Air Asia will be flying its share of the Philippine skies starting August 2011 as Air Asia Chief Exec Tony Fernandes entered a joint venture with Filipino businessmen. The Malaysian will be holding 40 percent of Air Asia Philippines while, as dictated by law, the remaining 60 percent will be owned by Filipinos led by Mr. Antonio Cojuangco. Here's the full story from Agence France-Presse.

Air Asia Philippines is yet to decide where it'll be setting up its base. It's supposedly choosing between Clark and Subic International Airports.

Hope springs eternal as Air Asia promises to  "pioneer"  new routes while the Philippine government gave its word that it will improve its airport facilities. I am quite intrigued what these "pioneering" routes will be. Will we finally have a low-budget carrier to Australia? America? Europe? If yes, then this is good news to our OFWs, their familes, and of course, backpackers!

Needless to say, the Philippine Tourism Industry is slated to enjoy a huge boost. So if you're thinking of setting up a business in the hospitality/ tourism industry, now is the perfect time to do so.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Google+ Followers

Subscribe